Montana Women’s Climbing Festival 2021
Montana Women’s Climbing Festival
Camp & Climb
When? September 10-12, 2021
Camping: Hellgate Reservoir, Group campsite A
Climbing: Hellgate and Avalanche Gulch, Townsend, Montana
Camp and climb with like-minded women at Hellgate Gulch in Helena, Montana, build your confidence, find your community and new “belay-tionships,”!
South West Montanas Crags “Hellgate” and “Avalanche Gulch” offer good quality sport and trad climbing on limestone walls. 5.7 to 5.13 rated routes offer climbing for all abilities. Check out Mountain project, ask locals or reach out to us for more information on routes.
Highly recommended routes in the different grades:
- 5.7 – 5.9 – Lions, Tigers and Spears (5.8-) Avalanche Gulch, The Fire Spire (trad 5.9)
- 5.10 – Taking Care of Business (5.10a)
- 5.11 – 3 pitch climb Fatal Attraction at Winterwall (5.11b)
- 5.12 – Girl with the Dokins tattoo at Winterwall (5.12b) and …in the canyon
- 5.13 – Between Heaven and Hell (5.13a)
We are female-identifying explorers, students, teachers, parents, business leaders, weekend warriors, and guides who are looking for a supportive community of women to grow with.
We invite climbers of all backgrounds and skill-levels. Whether you are looking to climb for the first time, or test your skills on lead—all are welcome here.
Learn how to climb outdoors, lead on the sharp-end, place traditional gear, and become a self-sufficient climber from local legends and professionally trained AMGA instructors and guides.
Sep 10 2021 – 4 – 6 pm arrive at Hellgate Reservoir Campground, site A
– 6 – 8 pm Welcome speech and locals presentation
Sep 11 2021 – 10 am – 4 pm Climbing in the area, Clinics
– 6 – 8 pm Stories, Speeches, Activities
Sep 12 2021 – 10 am – 4 pm Climbing, Clinics
Will you join us?
September 10-12, 2021
Hellgate Campground, Helena, Montana (Niitsítapi and Salish Kootenai Land)